About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kayleigh's Baptism

Today Kayleigh was baptized by our children's pastor Garry Tanner. I can close my eyes and remember when she was dedicated. We are so proud of her and the young lady she is becoming. She has a heart of gold, we pray that she always has this tender heart and seeks to live for Him. Our awesome friend David White took this great shot for us. Thanks David.

 


Kayleigh had both sets of grandparents in attendance, her brother and her mom and dad. She is one loved little girl.
 


Her Aunt Penny was also there and treated her to lunch at Red Lobster after church. Obviously this isn't Red Lobster. They went to the mall after lunch to look for luggage. Penny is going to Guatemala to teach English for two years. She is leaving in July.

 
Posted by Picasa


Interview with Kayleigh about Baptism:

Me: What made you want to get baptized?
Kayleigh: Well, I wanted to get closer to God and to show everyone that I am a Christian.
Me: What does it mean to you now that you are baptized?
Kayleigh: It means that I am going to learn more about God.
Me: What do you think you getting baptized meant to God?
Kayleigh: That I'm a better person and I'm closer to Him now.
Me: Why do you think people get baptized?
Kayleigh: Well, some people do it so they won't go "you know, down to the devil" and I did it because I don't want to take Him for granted.
Me: What did it mean to have your family there?
Kayleigh: It was awesome because I want them all to know I trust in Jesus and I have him in my heart.

Note: Kayleigh opened a card from her grandmother and a smaller envelope dropped out. She read the card and said "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That's so sweet." Then she opened the envelope and it contained $$. She said, "Wow, I should get baptized more often!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment