About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 18, 2011

My Heart Is Heavy Today


Here are my two oldest daughters. Penny is in the purple and she left for Guatemala today to teach English for two years. While I am so very proud of her and so happy for her, I am really struggling with "letting go" again. First, we left her at college. That was tough. I thought I would hyper-ventilate on the way home. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't swallow and Mike wouldn't pull over so I could die. I just had to keep going. Then I moved to another state while she was still in college so I had to leave her again. I cried all the way to Georgia. (7 hours straight) Now this is the third time and it does NOT get any easier people. She is extremely independent and very capable of doing anything she sets her mind to. She is a definite leader. We wish her only the best in this latest adventure in her life. She loves children and is looking forward to this career move. Every parent wants every wish their child makes to come true and it does not matter how old that child is. We want our children healthy and happy. We will miss you Penny. Good luck and stay safe. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mom! I hadn't cried until I read this. Its been okay so far. Walked around the city for 2 hours. My debt card doesn't work here. why does this not surprise me? And the local supermarket only takes visa so my American express and mastercard are useless. Guess that means I'll spend less money :) Love you and miss you guys. December will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete