About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 16, 2016

At Home

There is not much new to report, Mike is at home resting and trying to regain some strength. My biggest obstacle right now is trying to get him to eat. He has no appetite. We have been so overwhelmed by all the prayers being prayed on Mike's behalf. A few have asked for our address to send Mike a card or note of encouragement. I think that would do him a world of good so here it is:
Mike Blackwell
905 County Road 385
Centre, AL 35960
He will have another biopsy Monday at 7:30 and I pray this is the last one and they can get what they need. We did find out that the chemo he needs will NOT cause him to lose his beautiful blonde hair. God is good!!
I will share with you a prayer that has really kept us going and we will continue to pray during this journey. I hope it helps you as much as it is helping us.

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the thing I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking,as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonable happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment