About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Longest Yard Sale

Today begins the Longest Yard Sale all up and down Hwy 411. Not sure where it starts and ends but it's pretty cool. On Wednesdays I go to Gadsden and help my friend at the Baptist Mission Center. Do you know how hard it was NOT to stop this morning? I knew they would still be there on my way home but all the good stuff might be gone!!!! But I was strong and resisted the urge to stop and shop. On the way home I did stop at a few sales. After I picked the kids up from school, I gave them each $5 to spend. Here is today's list....

THINGS WE BOUGHT AT THE YARD SALE

I bought this cool tool that will tighten the handle on my oven door that is forever coming loose.
I bought a couple of stocking stuffers and found Amy a table for Owen's room.
This organizational thingy for the garage to put stuff in. Water shoes, boots, sports equipment, etc.
Kayleigh bought a stuffed animal, some rubber jewelry, a fancy pen, and a feather for her hair.
Mckane got a free wallet and still has his $5 in it.
He was bummed but I told him there might be something better right around the corner. He thought I meant "literally" right around the corner and was even more bummed that we came home.

 
But he quickly cheered up with his best friend.
 
I am leaving tomorrow for my ladies retreat in Georgia. So I will not have access to my computer for a few days. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
 
Mike will be here to hold down the fort. Thanks Mike. They will be in good hands.
Until we meet again.......
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment