About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome Fall

So how cute is this little guy? I got to visit with Paige and Tristen over the weekend. Good times!!
For October 1st I will make a list of my goals. I am following a blog that has 31 days of lists. We shall see how far I get.

October Goals.

1. Scrapbook More (at least one layout a week~that is SO do-able)
2. Go on ladies retreat w/West Metro and try not to worry about Mike & the kids.
3. Go on ADULT WEEKEND with Mike to the mountains and try not to worry about the kids.
4. Carve pumpkins
5. Decorate for fall
6. Paint some ornaments to sell in booth
7. Complete scrapbook room organization (almost done w/this one)
8. Pay a little more attention to my house.
9. Skype w/Penny and Amy more.
10. Start walking

Those are my goals for those of you who are following. At least I won't be able to ignore forget them if they are posted.
Last week we celebrated Mike's birthday. Our friends from the campground had lunch with us after church yesterday. Paige and Tristen joined us and we ate and ate. Then we had desert. Mike sold our pontoon boat so now he gets to browse all winter for that perfect boat to buy in the spring. We had a little impromptu photo shoot with Tristen,(thanks Karen for your help) he was pretty cooperative. Pinterest makes all those baby poses look so easy but it's really not. It took 3 adults and many hands hidden under things to get a mili second shot. No wonder photographers get paid so much money. It's a hard job.
My scrapbook studio is finished and I had my first scrapbook class today. We had so much fun, I can't wait til next week. I have some very talented students.

No comments:

Post a Comment