About Me

My photo
I am a person who loves life and loves capturing it in pictures and recording it in many ways. I have been happily married for over 40 years to my wonderful husband Mike. We have raised 4 daughters, were foster parents for 11 years and are now raising 2 of our grandchildren. They are the love of our lives and the light in our eyes. At this time in our lives, we would expect to be planning for retirement, but instead we are planning for the future of these children. Starting over so to speak. At the ripe old age of 50, I found myself as a mom of a pre-schooler again so it's the second time around for us, thus my title. We attend church and teach Sunday School. Life is never dull, as you can imagine. Enjoy the pieces of our lives and allow this grandmother some bragging rights occasionally, ok very often.


Powered by Blogger.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 27, 2016

From Mike

THE POWER OF THE CONNECTOR

This photo is of a house wire connector.  A very small electrical part, but very important.  It connects a wire to the power source (example: a wire going to a light switch from the power box). After you connect the two wires together the power can travel to the switch, there is no break to the power source.  Without power to the switch the lights will not turn on.





Gregg, a co-worker had a connector on his key change. When I asked him what it was for, Gregg stated that it reminded Him to stay connected to Christ every time He pulled his keys out of his pocket.

I thought that this was a great concept.  I started making connectors and sharing with others.  We live in a small town and at the fall festival my grandson gave away 75 connectors. The photo is of some of the police offices adding a connector to their key chains.



I would like to mail you a connector and a couple to share. Please send a request, including your mailing address to my email address (mikeb.2275@gmail.com).

Be Blessed,
Mike

From Cheryl~~
Recently, a friend from church told me every time he pulls out his keys and sees his connector he is reminded to pray for Mike. We have completed our first week of radiation. Only 6 more weeks to go. The chemo will continue as long as the radiation. He has not been sick but just very weak. Trying to get him to eat more. We so appreciate all the prayers and kindnesses extended to Mike and our family. We love you more than you will ever know.


1 comment:

  1. I remember you sharing this. Thanks for the reminder. I'll add mine. I'll pray for you each time. I'll also know I am connected with God. Glad to hear the side effects of radiation are minimal. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete