AWESOME RETREAT MEMORIES
1. The first night we were led into a candle lit, quiet, serene, room where we just communed with God. Soft music was playing and while we were sitting quietly, our sweet hostesses came by with a warm neck roll for each of us. They were lovingly made, scented, and heated in the microwave. What could be better? They let us keep them and take them home!! How's that for surprising?
2. Some amazing times playing games and fellowshipping. I have met my match in Boggle though, I used to be the queen. I used to even beat my daughters who are very smart went to college. So, hats off to Shannon LeRoy, the new Queen Bee.
3. Our mini exercise session produced quite a bit of laughter but I have been bodily threatened if the pictures show up on the Internet. This one looks pretty safe though. You will just have to take my word for it. It was unbelievable!
4. An entertaining skit and a demo by Jennifer and Shannon on how to make your own body scrub, bath salts, lotions, and lip balm. These ladies are so talented, we each got a sample to take home of each of the items demonstrated. They smelled good enough to eat and felt heavenly.
5. A scrapbook session produced a mini family album out of lunch bags. Totally fabulous. All the ladies were so creative. I think they enjoyed their keepsake. Sandy Gramling outdid herself.
6. The praise and worship and services were incredible and the message were so enlightening. But I think the hi-lite of the weekend was the sharing and openness that occurred on the final night we were together. Such warmth and caring was something to behold. I don't think I've ever been a part of something so intense.
And this is our precious precious Pastor's wife, Mrs. Bea. She is an amazing woman. I admire her greatly. She is facing some health issues and will be having surgery today. I ask that you please join me in praying for her and her surgeons and everyone involved in this procedure. We KNOW who's hands she is in. I love you Ms. Bea. I hope you know how special you are.
I am off today to help some first graders make glitter leaves thanks to a post from Pink and Green Mama. The kids will love it and the teachers will hate all the mess. No worries, we will have fun.